The property of Rouillac is an ancient noble land donated by the King of France to one of his adviser. It was donated by him to Jean de Martigny in 1698. At that time the property is extented over 330 hectares. Throughout his history Rouillac belonged to multiple owners whose most famous was Baron Haussmann who acquired this property in 1864.
Under the leadership of the current owner Laurent Cisneros, Castle of Rouillac had a complete restoration from buildings, wine, and the vineyard. Estate of 36 hectares, the vine are worked in low impact farming.